Presentation of the Property:
Your property should be presented in the best possible condition and we recommend the following:
- The interior of the apartment/house should be uncluttered and cleaned to hotel standard prior to letting.
- Kitchen appliances need special attention.
- Bathrooms should be well presented.
- If the paintwork or wallpaper is sub-standard, this should be attended to.
- Carpets should be professionally cleaned if stained.
- Gardens should be neat and tidy and bins left in an allocated place.
- Use contemporary furniture that is easy to clean.
- We recommend neutral colours throughout the property.
Property Owners Information Tax Relief
Tax is payable on the rental income on an investment property.
Property owners can claim against the rental income on an investment property.
- Costs involved with the letting, including letting fees & PRTB registration.
- Cost of maintenance, repairs, insurance and management of the property.
- Service charges including water charges, security costs, utility connections such as ESB, Cabelink and telephone.
Building Energy Rating Certificate
Since 1st January 2009 all properties offered for sale or to let must have a Building Energy Rating (BER Certificate) and Advisory Report. This assessment must be done prior to the property being advertised and placed on the market. If your property is not currently rated, we can arrange for an independent SEI registered BER Assessor to carry out this assessment. For further information on this matter contact Gavin Hanlon on 01-631 8403 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Services offered by Hooke & MacDonald Lettings Department:
- Introduction of professional/ corporate tenants
- Preparation of Lease Agreement
- Assessing tenant’s references prior to signing of the Lease
- Collection of security deposit, first month’s rent plus stamp duty (stamp duty only applies to apartments over €2,500 per month).
- Application of PRTB form on behalf of the Property Owner
- Transferring of ESB or Bord Gais to tenants name
- Advice to tenants regarding transferring domestic accounts to their name (when transferring accounts i.e. Eircom, and NTL/Sky, you will need to supply telephone number/account numbers to Hooke & MacDonald in order to forward to your new tenants).
- Preparation of standing orders for monthly rent payment
- Extensive marketing on websites including www.hookemacdonald.com; www.daft.ie; and www.myhome.ie
Hooke & MacDonald will prepare the Lease Agreement for you. In order to do this, we will require the following from you;
- Your bank account details for inclusion in the Agreement.
- A detailed and up to date inventory of all the contents of the property.
- Any special conditions required.
- Your PPS number – for submitting the PRTB form
Money Laundering Documentation
Under the Criminal Justice Act, 1994, Estate Agents are now included as designated persons as a result of regulations published in 2003 & 2004. All persons who contract to pay a fee to an Estate Agent in connection with a transaction or series of transactions must provide the Estate Agent evidence of their identity and place of residence when requested. This will mean that a client must produce an original passport and recent utility bill, to be photocopied by the Estate Agent.
Under the new Residential Tenancies Act 2004, all new tenancies must be registered by the landlord with the Private Rented Tenancies Board (PRTB) within one month of the lease commencement date. We will forward the PRTB form for your property on your behalf. You will then receive confirmation from the PRTB that your property is regsitered.
We will happy to negotiate the terms of an extended tenancy with your tenant at a minimal extra fee change.